Creamy, exotic and refreshing, this sauce, also known as Raita, is the perfect companion for your empanadas.
- 2 units of liquid natural yogurt (125 grams each)
- 1 tablespoon of fresh diced coriander
- 1 tablespoon of fresh diced mint
- 1 small tablespoon of mustard grain
- ½ small tablespoon of cumin
- 1 pinch of cayenne pepper (or any powdered chili that adds some spice)
- 2 spring onions
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Lime zest
- Half lime juice
- Salt (necessary amount)
- In a large recipient, mix the yogurt with the spices and the finely chopped herbs until everything is completely incorporated.
- Add the finely diced spring onions and the olive oil.
- Mix well and add the zest and the half lime juice to control de acidity.
- Try it and add the salt if necessary. If you want it a bit sourer or the sauce is a bit too thick, add the rest of the lime juice.
- The sauce must be kept cold, but it is important to take it out a couple of minutes earlier to serve it with the empanadas.
Tell us if you want more recipes… Enjoy it!
Tags: Empanada recipe, Empanadas, Empanadas near me
Categorised in: Empanada